Friday, August 19, 2022

Star Considering Move Away From Everton: Why The Blues Should Hold Onto Their Man Beyond The Summer?

Must Read
Nikhil Vinodh
Nikhil has been an avid Chelsea fan for as long as the concept of time has existed and rumours say that he even bleeds blue. Having lived in the UK for 3 years, Nikhil is said to have an excellent understanding of the atmosphere surrounding the English game. His role model is the greatest manager of all time - Jose Mourinho.

According to a recent report from Italian outlet Calcio Mercato, prodigious attacker Moise Kean is said to be considering various avenues back to the Serie A, after a disastrous start to his Premier League career with Everton so far. The player’s agent – Mino Raiola, has been working on a move back to Italy, with Serie A giants AC Milan being touted as a possible destination for the youngster.

It has been suggested that talks between the player’s agent and the chiefs at the San Siro have already been initiated over the last couple of weeks. The former Juventus man has failed to hit the massive heights that were expected of him, post his fairly big-money move to the Premier League. Although the striker is still developing and has enormous room for improvement, how Marco Silva has treated the youngster so far this campaign has been simply unacceptable.

What Prompted Everton To Move For Moise Kean in The Summer?

The 19-year-old Italian international was unquestionably the Serie A’s biggest breakout star of last year. After bursting onto the scene in an Old Lady shirt back in 2017, the youngster was loaned out to Hellas Verona. During his stint at the club, he featured in 19 league matches, picking up a decent return of four goals along the way. Having returned to Juventus at the start of last season, he was promised first-team opportunities and saying that he took those opportunities would be a pretty big understatement.

The Italian played in 17 fixtures for the Old Lady last season across all the various competitions. The monstrous centre-forward scored six Serie A goals from 13 league appearances, which went on to make him one of the most sought-after young strikers in world football. It was Premier League outfit Everton who won the race for the Italian’s signature, but since then, things have taken a turn for the worse.

What Has Gone Wrong For Moise Kean At Everton?

The youngster certainly wasn’t brought in to take over as the first-choice striker immediately, but the fact that all his performances so far have been sub-standard will indeed be a massive worry for Marco Silva. The Toffees have struggled in front of goal all campaign, and the Italian, despite having featured in ten league fixtures, is yet to open his goalscoring account in Merseyside.

He has found it extremely difficult to settle into the physical nature of the Premier League. Although the fact that he’s still only 19 could be what’s deterring his progress; there are younger, smaller-framed players in the league who are excelling in a similar position. With the physical superiority that the Italian possesses over most defenders, he was expected to hit the ground running in England.

Why Everton Should Hold Onto Moise Kean For Longer

Although it’s possible that the youngster doesn’t have the right attributes for the Premier League, on first look, he does resemble an exhibit English striker. Even though he’s struggled to find form in recent weeks, the Toffees will do well to nurture him further, before rushing to a sale. The Italian has massive amounts of potential under his belt, and given the right kind of leadership and guidance, all of his quality could just unlock in a single moment.

ScoopDragon Football News Network

Follow Our Tweets On Twitter

Latest News

Kessie To Start, De Jong On The Bench | 4-3-3 Barcelona Predicted Lineup Vs Real Sociedad

Barcelona will lock horns with Real Sociedad at the Reale Arena on Sunday night as they try to pick...

More Articles Like This