Liverpool may rekindle their interest in Bordeaux winger, Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira. ESPN FC are talking up the possibility of the Reds going back for the 20-year-old winger who they were linked with earlier this year. With Phillipe Coutinho being heavily touted to make a move to Barcelona, Jurgen Klopp is keen on securing a replacement and might go back to Bordeaux in pursuit of their Brazilian attacker.
The South American youngster signed for Bordeaux from Corinthians in a deal worth in the region of £5m in January 2016 and has gone on to make 76 appearances for the Ligue 1 side. The 20-year-old was linked with both Manchester United and Liverpool earlier this year following his impressive performances for Bordeaux last season.
However, the forward insisted at the time that he had heard nothing about the interest and wants to focus on his game with the French club.
Malcom said, ‘This thing about Liverpool (and) Manchester – I don’t know anything about it. I’m very calm, I only think about Bordeaux today. I want to do my job well and give French fans lots of joy. I got to know, yeah, that Sampaoli (Sevilla boss) likes my football, my game style. If the opportunity shows up, I’ll be happy. If it doesn’t, I’ll keep working hard, humble as always.’
In another separate interview, the Brazilian starlet confessed his desire to play for a Champions League club. He said, “For me, it’s not important which club and which championship I am in. I want to play for a big club, in the Champions League and win it.”
With the Reds of Merseyside firmly in the Champions League right now, they can offer him European football which might be enough to convince the youngster to join Jurgen Klopp’s revolution at Liverpool.
The left-footed winger has already made 18 appearances for Bordeaux this season and has scored 7 goals and made 5 assists in the process. Malcom has also represented Brazil at the youth level and has played both for the Under-20 and Under-23 teams. The 20-year-old has bags of potential and can be a great asset under Jurgen Klopp going into the future.
Liverpool has recently seen a whole of host of youngsters break into the first team as evidenced by the emergence of Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold. Both Jurgen Klopp and Fenway Sports Group (Liverpool FC owners) believe in acquiring young players and developing them into future stars and Malcom fits the bill perfectly. The Brazilian is extremely talented and has a lot of potential to be a success at Liverpool. It remains to be seen whether Liverpool reignite their interest and move in for him in January or in the summer.
Latest posts by Abhinab Ghosh (see all)
- 4-4-2 Real Madrid Predicted Lineup Vs Leganes: Karim Benzema To Start Up Front? - February 20, 2018
- Arsenal Lining Up Summer Move For 28 Y/O English Defensive Ace: Right Fit For Wenger’s Plans? - February 19, 2018
- 28 Y/O Real Madrid Attacking Star Red Hot On Juventus’ Radar: Should Zidane Let Him Leave? - February 19, 2018
- Leicester City Monitoring 27 Y/O Portuguese Defender: Right Fit To Claude Puel’s Plans? - February 19, 2018