Manchester United need to reschedule their transfer strategy as Antoine Griezmann expressed his happiness over his current situation.
The Atletico Madrid attacker has been linked with Manchester United as Jose Mourinho is reportedly ready to make a big offer for the player next summer. Atleti boss Diego Simeone cut back his contract by two years and it also added a speculation to Griezmann’s future. The French attacker had earlier said that he consulted Simeone before extending his contract.
The 25-year-old had previously admitted he was reconsidering his future after Simeone’s future was in doubt but now has done a u-turn. “I had some doubts [about my future at Atletico Madrid] last summer when there were reports Simeone could leave.
“I called him and he told me that he would stay. So I stayed as well. I have a lot of respect for him and feel that he believes in me. I need to stay with him and work for him a bit more.
“But that does not necessarily mean I would follow him if he leaves Atletico.
“My team-mates here really appreciate me. I have reached this level thanks to them. I get better every week. I need them and I love playing for Atletico. I do not think I need to move to reach the next level.”
Latest posts by Anirban Sarkar (see all)
- 3 Players West Brom Should Look To Sign This Summer Including This Manchester City Star - June 26, 2017
- Middlesbrough Star Linked With Brighton And Hove Albion Move: A Smart Addition From Chris Hughton? - June 26, 2017
- Manchester United Keen On Barcelona Want Away: The Right Man To Solve The Problems At Old Trafford? - June 26, 2017
- 3 Players Bournemouth Should Sign To Challenge For A Place In The Top Half Of The Table Next Season - June 26, 2017